More wound worries

So I am awaiting the results of a swab from the wound site which was taken yesterday. They should be with me by Wednesday. This morning the wound felt a little more tender than yesterday and I removed the dressing to take a look as I noticed a small part looked a little damp. There was not a lot of fluid on the dressing, but what there was had dried slightly yellow and the scab had also decided to fall off at last.
What is left is a circular pit in my skin which has a think white opaque fluid in it. I'm pretty certain it's infected and am more convinced after looking at the photo of it a couple of weeks ago.
Now I am wondering whether to just wait for the swab results, or if I should go to the walk in centre (I'm visiting family so no access to local GP) and have a doctor there take a look. The benefit of this is some antibiotics two days earlier, but of course they may not be the right ones I'm which case I may as well have just waited. Also it's a walk in centre, so I will be waiting a long time for a 5 min appointment.
Decisions, decisions, decisions ... I'm just overly anxious as usual and am scared that in two days it will become 10 times worse.
What has also annoyed me is the fact that I was in hospital last Wednesday and mentioned I as worried about the wound. Two nurses had a brief look and decided it was fine, I wasn't sure they had looked thoroughly at the time but figured they must have, it is their job. Now I think that if they had just taken a swab there and then I would know by now if it was infected, rather than have to wait a whole week later! I just hope it doesn't spread fast if it is indeed an infection :/


About a week after stitches were removed.

The wound now...slightly red and the skin is open with a whitish yellow goo in the middle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A afternoon update

How I got here

Globulus hystericus.... or That lump in throat feeling