First normal day in a long time!

So despite my last post being pretty positive in terms of how I felt about my recovery, there were still things on my mind and these crept up on me on the very same night. I went to bed and in all honesty I guess I was feeling a little sorry for myself. I was fed up of not being able to dress normally, due to these silly socks and not being able to wear a bra. I mean its summer and I can't wear shorts, dresses or sandals! It may sound silly, but when you are going for a meal dressed in a track suit bottoms and a vest top, you really do still feel like a patient. It was also getting me down that despite feeling like things are going well, all in all I haven't done anything really really fun in months, since about Febuary in fact, when my lung first collapsed. I haven't had a dance on a night out, I haven't been able to really enjoy a day in town due to back ache and generally recovery gripes, I haven't got dressed up for anything, basically I feel quite boring. We started off joking that I was being taken for my regular daily walk, but now it doesn't feel quite so funny that that is the highlight of my day :/
On top of this my chest still doesn't feel 100% Ok, the wound is healing well, so that isn't too bad, but I do still get some aches and pains in the ribs. On top of this I am unfit, or at least I hope I am and that the fact I get out of breath walking up a steep hill is not a sign of the breathlessness they say indicates a pulmonary embolism or some other horrid lung problem.
This is what I think annoys me the most, the anxiety. I kept reading about it before as I sated to write this and it is true that I really do become quite an issue. I know I'm likely being ridiculous in thinking all these things could be wrong with me, but the problem is a cant help but think it. And then I of course worry that by telling myself I am being silly, I am being even more silly as I am not getting it checked out, so what if it is something bad and I don't ever find out. But then do I want to be that person at the doctors every week? Where every little thing makes me feel anxious?
So that is where I was that night, I had a little cry and my parter helped me to feel better about things and reminded me that soon enough I will be out of these stockings and going away for my birthday and for a lovely holiday...so that is what I will focus on now. I don't want to sound negative...but I think it is important to note that despite a seemingly good recovery, there may be days when you do just feel like crap and are fed up of being in recovery!

Anyhow I titled this as my first normal day, so more about that. After my moaning in the night, yesterday I was taken into town by my parter and brother to buy some walking gear for our holiday and to make sure I can go out walking even on a rainy day (all the exercise helps!). I was also free of stockings!!! they needed washing and I figured as I would be on my feet it should be fine :) So in normal clothes we spent a while browsing and then looking at the tents on display before going for lunch. We went for pizza at prezzo and then after a quick stop at home we went to the cinema to watch Jurassic World. Normal things at last! Although I did get belly ache and miss some of the movie :/
Safe to say I was knackered that evening, but it was great to do something like this finally!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Globulus hystericus.... or That lump in throat feeling

Some drawing therapy

4 weeks since discharged!