A better morning at last!

For the first time since surgery I finally slept like a normal human being last night! No more stacks upon stacks of pillows that end up falling on my face, on the floor and on my partner during the night. I slept with just one pillow beneath my head and a couple by my side to prop up my right arm (it helps to open the chest a little). Except for being woken by sisters voice in the early hours of the morning, I slept like a baby and feel so much better for it :)

This morning the pain is far less than it has been these past few days as a result and it has led me to believe that it is likely that the pain I get from breathing is radiating from beneath my shoulder blade. It makes sense in that the pain disappears when I raise my arm to open that area, and that in sleeping with my arm raised up on my side instead of laid on my shoulder, the pain is so much less. More hot water bottles, stretches and massages will hopefully help to relieve this over time!

As for my arm pain. The horrible sensitive feeling has again reduced over night, still present but not so bad. It still hurts enough to be unpleasant, especially this morning when I was moving my arm over the pillows to get comfy, but it has definitely reduced and at least doesn't feel so much like an electric shock every time. 
I am however getting more of a muscular pain once again, and a strange throbbing pain below my bicep which occasionally makes me jolt a little with shock. I hope this is just signs of nerve recovery though, so I try and just think of it that way!

Now time for breakfast and painkillers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A afternoon update

How I got here

Globulus hystericus.... or That lump in throat feeling