Just another painful morning

Breathing 

I think this is definitely something I will have to get used to. waking up stiff and in pain when I take a deep breath. I am confident it isn't my lungs which are the issue. They got better yesterday and I am already hitting 4000ml on the Spiroball after a few stretches. Nevertheless it is really unpleasant and I am thinking about calling the ward to find out if there is anything I can be doing about it other than taking painkillers.

Neuropathic pain (Nerve pain)

On a more positive note, my arm seems once again to have improved over night. Still sensitive and painful but just a little less so than yesterday. Strangely however the pain seems to be turning into a more muscular one and I now find it hard to fully extend my arm without feeling as though my muscles will snap. Again, I will continue to do stretches and work the muscles and if there is no improvement I will call the hospital.

Wound site

One other thing I will mention is that my wound site from the chest drain has a slight lump underneath. It is not red or painful and so I am assuming this is usual scar tissue beneath the wound site. Don't want to prod it too much and end up with an infection though. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A afternoon update

How I got here

Globulus hystericus.... or That lump in throat feeling