The wound is healing!

Well since the scab fell off and the freaky looking white stuff underneath had me worried about an infection, I can say that having let the wound dry in the air and then only dress with melolin, it has begun to heal and no longer looks like a goo filled crater. Still no results from the swab but I guess the fact it is healing and no fluid has been produced is a good sign. On calling the hospital today the nurse that first looked at it on Wednesday told me she had seen the white stuff underneath and that it was normal. Kinda wish she had said that at the time so as to prepare me for that. Googling  white stuff under scab online just brings up infection!
Anyway today seems a better day than the last couple, which have left me feeling achey and stiff due to anxiety I think. Also the fact that my wound hurt and j was trying to keep my side stretched so it was open to the air. Today my wound barely hurts though and my back and ribs feel a little less sore, so back to doing a bit more walking I think :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A afternoon update

How I got here

Globulus hystericus.... or That lump in throat feeling